After 25 years as a professional architect, I decided to leave behind the stresses, strains and deadlines of the business world. I wanted to focus on something that incorporated the changes I wanted to make in my own life: achieving better health and wellbeing for myself and to help others do the same.
In 1999 I entered massage school training. Two years later, in June of 2001, I graduated as a massage therapist and have not looked back. I have been in practice since 2001 and continue to enjoy a very successful and rewarding career as a massage therapist and a level II Reiki practitioner. Later on, I took some additional training and received my certification as a Structural Integrator in May of 2005. "SI" was the next logical step for me on my path to working with and understanding "organic structure". Now, rather than designing the inorganic environments that people move through, I can focus on how to help people realign, balance and rediscover the organic environment of their own body.
My bodywork practice and range of experience is broadly based and includes Relaxation/Swedish Massage, Muscular Therapy, Structural Bodywork and Structural Integration.
I have been certified, attended or trained in modalities that include
- The Benjamin System of Muscular Therapy developed by Ben Benjamin Ph.D.
- KMI Structural Integration developed by Tom Myers
- Orthopedic Massage and Research Institute "OMERI" developed by Whitney Lowe
- Myoskeletal Alignment Technique "MAT".developed by Eric Dalton
I believe my expertise is best expressed in helping people rediscover their physical potential by helping them gain a sense of their posture through the restoration of physical balance and function as well as helping clients rediscover their physical awareness and confidence..
I have the following credentials and experience
I am a graduate of the Muscular Therapy Institute, MTI, in Cambride, MA 2001
(Now in Watertown MA)
- I am a Massachusetts State Licensed Massage Therapist. 2001
- I am Nationally Certified by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) 2001
- I am a Member of the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) 2001
- I am a KMI Certified Structural Integrator
- I am a member of the International Association of Structural Integrators (IASI) 2005